You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Information

Nirmala - how clean ? Hygiene factor

Hi Folks,
    Have you ever passed by the Nyandanhalli road on the Mysore roa- if you are coming from Kengeri, you happen to notice a Nirmala on the left side.. oops so pathetic is its condition, there is corporation hospital close to it. I am aghast to see the kind of people who use this service and wonder if they are ever educated on the Hygiene factor. I am sure this is a place when one can think of all health related problems could spring.

You have another on near the Mayo Hall. adjacent to Bangalore central.

I regularly travel by this route, and more often than not i see a fruit vendor who regularly sells fruit just next to this Nirmala. It appears the entire family has made a make shift home just at small place near this Nirmala.

I am sure, during the office hours, many people would come here to eat fruits , i wonder again how clean is it. Eaters eat at your own risk:-) a word of caution.

Another one, near kengute circle, near ambedkar college-

you find a nirmla at the cornor of this nagarabhavi main road, (kengunte circle) this is the last stop for 238 v and 238 u. and you find a unhygenic fish stall, a nandini booth and another food stall - All auto drivers, bus drivers and conductors and other common people, day wage workers halt here to take a bite in any of these stalls. Its time the health department wakes up and puts a sanity check on all these unHygiene stalls.
    Hi Deepika,

You have a very good point to the notice of this Government. Nirmal is a public toilet undertaken by the BBMP authorities. The name is only 'Nirmal' but it is actually not at all Nirmal as suggested by its name. I have noticed such pathetic situation near Malleswaram Bus Stop which is Opp to K.C.General Government Hospital in Bangalore. The Toilet does not seem to be clean as the smell really bothers the people standing in the bus stand. The toilet is just adjacent to the Bus Stop. It is very pathetic for people to stand outside this place and imagine how people can try to use it.

BBMP is probably not taking care of it. Swacha Bengaluru is only for name sake and not actually implemented in various places. It would really mean great if the Government takes note of such things and try to make Bangalore a real clean city.

There are many foreign countries like Singapore, Germany etc which are maintained clean by their Government. May be not that clean, I think Karnataka Government can atleast try to maintain some cleanliness for its citizens.

Best Regards,
    Mala.

Thanks for your views on this.
    If the government becomes clean, every system that it introduces becomes clean. Its a chain reaction ! isn't it.
    Our own government both at the state and central is so much drowned in corruption and it is getting messier day by day, how can they think of cleaning another system or another unit of its own.???

The common man is stuck with two things - the government official is not bothered or he needs to be bribed if we common people ask for a service.

If this task is outsourced to a third party, he taxes the common man with high service fare/maintenance cost/competiton etc.

A common man is always caught between the devil and deep sea.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.